Stuff

Hey people who read my blog!

I haven't posted in a while because I don't want to complain, and have been pretty busy with those things I want to complain about! Let me fill you in a little...

1. My beloved employer closed down last month. :( I was fearing the worst for a number of weeks before we were told, but wasn't ready to bail. We were all given a month's notice and plenty of encouragement so it wasn't the end of the world. I spent a week feeling a bit lost but then got on the job applications and did OK. I just hope one day I will find as cool a bunch of people to work with.

2. I got a contract job, and after a really great first week (feeling a great sense of achievement getting stuck into some real work again) I was let go. I don't really want to go into the details (have told the story too many times over the weekend!), but lets just say if it were a full time position I would be fighting unfair dismissal. I am chalking it up to another life experience, something to learn and become tougher from. Something I'm really pleased about is that I have handled this third dismissal/rejection in a year a lot better than the last two. And I haven't taken it personally. Thank god that there are people I respect who have given me such good reviews about my work, otherwise I'd be hiding in a hole feeling awful.

That's the main events that have kept me from posting lately. I am now on the job hunt again, and the radio keeps telling me that the job ads are still decreasing. I have an interview on Friday though, so fingers crossed. I just want to get going so that I can be taken seriously with '2 years experience' or whatever number of years they care about.

In happy news, it was my birthday the other week and it was really great. We went to see a fabulous illusion show on Saturday night, along with dinner and drinks with various friends. I really love my friends. Aren't birthdays fabulous for appreciating your friends? They all come and make the effort to be there with you for your happy day, and you see people you don't regularly see.

Other happy things are:
1. I have been frequenting our new local cafe that's all by itself near the station. It is now the closest cafe to our house and the only one you can reach while waiting for a train. So cute and fabulous, and I'm glad to be supporting local businesses, especially in these hard times.

2. I got a piano! Well, an electric one, but it feels and sounds like a real one - I have it on good authority from a pianist! I am learning one song at the moment, and am looking into lessons. I have never played but always wanted to my whole life. Exciting times!

3. I finally made it clothes shopping today, got a great cardigan marked $70 for $14! And a cute jacket by a Melbourne designer. Started looking at leather bike jackets (Sorry Cheryl!) but the guy in the shop said that everyone is looking for small girls leather jackets and they go as soon as the come in. Maybe I should wait until they're out of fashion again. I won't give up yet though.

I hope to have some more to blog about soon. peace :)

PS I'm happy to go into more detail if anyone is curious, just email/message me if you are.

2 comments:

wiesel said...

me jew, me like discounts.

I kinda can't believe there are no leather jackets for girls. Haven't the retailers worked out they can charge way more for them atm?

Cherry Planet said...

You gotta be like me and buy them 3 years in advance +sour face+ haha - alex, you'll look hot in leather!!!

Sorry to hear about the job. I'll bash them if you want.

HOORAY for bargains.

Umm that's all i have. OH also i read your blog, weeew! & please complain. it makes me feel better about whining on mine all the time!! :)

Post a Comment