Cooking up a storm

I spent most of today cooking :-) Mostly to help out mum because she's going back to uni tomorrow and is not feeling good about it. But also because I want to practice!

I cooked a Quiche Lorraine (and a spare crust for another time), and a MASSIVE Lamb Casserole. It's the first time I've done either of them by myself, but have always helped and hung around while mum was making them. It's also the first time I've got down and dirty with raw red meat, cutting off the fat and handling it. I'm a little squirmish about raw meat I have to admit. I did OK though.

Here's a pic of the Quiche... It is a little burned at one edge, but it's mostly OK.


The Casserole isn't much to look at, but should taste great. About 3 hours in the oven once I'd done the preliminary cooking. Slow cooking is the bomb. :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment