Wish List

I really should be working right now, but I'm struggling to concentrate. It's nearly lunch time after all. Maybe if I write down some of the things I'm thinking about I will be able to get back to it.

On the weekend I wrote down a wish-list of expensive items I really want to spend my money on. I had to write it down though because I keep thinking of them, and I have real difficulty parting with decent sums of money. Anything above $10 counts as decent in my book! In no particular order:

1. I-Pod nano - I have wanted one of these since forever, but always disliked the monopoly they seem to have of the music player market, and have always gone for a different brand. I also disliked the way they insist you use i-tunes and convert your music into an i-pod/i-tunes specific format (still haven't tried using i-tunes so can't be sure this is still the case). What I didn't realise was that the music player I last bought did the same bloody thing. The shop guy assured me that I could simply drag-and-drop my mp3s onto the player when i plugged it into my computer, but turns out he was wrong. I had to install specific software (one of the worst I have ever used!!) and import my music into this program, where it wants to convert them into its specific format. I didn't get on it quick enough to take the thing back and complain to the dude who sold it to me, so I have had this one for about 3 years. I even tried some cracked software to drag-and-drop, but that kinda failed a lot. Anyway, I still am having inner struggles about the move to apple, but I think it is in fact a superior product. Plus, I have to admit to myself that the look and feel of a thing is VERY important to me. And I don't think these beauties can be beaten in that department. I think I am going to surrender to the i-pod. Whether this will lead to a whole appleisation, I don't know. I hope not. Haven't decided on the colour yet though - thinking red or black. Your thoughts?
[Image courtesy of Polyvore]

2. In-ear headphones - It's about the quality. I like the convenience of earbud headphones, but you lose so much of the sound with the standard ones. Some tracks have the most beautiful sound to them, and on the train all i can hear is the words, not the total sound.

3. Trainers - as in those cool colourful ones - the vintage looking nikes, or the puma or asics ones. You know the sort. Functional yet cool. With a little more cushioning than converse or volleys. Mostly important because I can't stand the look (seriously, it hurts my eyes) of white sports trainers when you are not playing sport or in the gym, and most of my shoes are very impractical for walking any distance. I seriously wouldn't do well in the states, they love that look.

4. Bicycle - Like the beautiful ones they ride in Europe. Comfortable, relaxed, well made, and beautiful. These can get pricey, so I have to do a lot of shopping around.
[Image courtesy of Club Monaco]

5. Hair straightener - To replace the three duds I have collected over the years, all hand-me-downs or bargains, all pretty crap. To the dudes who think I already have straight hair - yes, I do, but straigteners don't just straighten, they style. I can go into detail if you wish to fully understand the ins and outs of girlies and our hair styles.

2 comments:

wiesel said...

as if image attribution. I like the black shoes and the black ipod.

What's with all the dashes? like i-pod, i-tunes and wish-list? those can all be 1 word i'm pretty sure. You don't write bi-cycle do you?
I'm not sure about hand-me-downs though. I think it can be hyphenated and separate words.

Alex said...

I don't know what you have against hyphens! Correction accepted for iPod and iTunes, I honestly thought that was the way they keep the 'i' separate so it's not one word. The rest is just to aid in the way you say the words, more together than separate.

Must I justify everything?

Cute images though right? ;)

Post a Comment