Redecorations

I am undertaking a number of big projects this summer, hopefully before I start working in a real job, but they may spill over into future weekend times.

The first, redecorating my childhood room at my folks place. I have lived away from home for almost 4 years now (with a few months here and there of rebounding), so it's time to turn it into a guest room. It's not mine any longer. Besides, when I do come and visit I'd at least like a double bed to sleep in!!

So the plan is as follows:
1. to chuck/store all of my posessions
2. pull out the built in desk, drawers and shelves
3. repaint - it has actually not been painted in 20 years, it still has just a white undercoat on the walls
4. re-floor - take up the coyer matting carpet which is horrible on bare feet, and put down wood or pretend wood floors
6. Put in a nice big bed, freestanding shelves and some nice antiquey things.

Currently we are making plans for what is going to happen, and I'm trying very hard to reduce my worldly goods. It is hard work. I have nowhere to put them, so i'm trying to get rid of as much as possible. A big one is throwing out my collection of DANCE Australia magazine... there's about three magazine holders full of them, but I just can't justify the space because i'm probably not going to read them again. It's really mentally difficult to get rid of this stuff you've held onto for years. In the keeps pile are all the programs from dance and theatre performances I've collected, magazines and newsletters that feature friends in them, and a big bunch of school work. I know the school stuff will reduce more in later years, but right now i can't bring myself to let them go. Thank god everything is done online these days!

I'm moving my desk area into my brother's room so that I have somewhere to work while I'm here. I think it'll be good to separate my concentrating space with the train wreck that will soon be this bedroom. Looking forward to things happening, maybe this weekend.

1 comments:

wiesel said...

It got pretty

Post a Comment